back to careers Recruitment Manager
Our company, HMD LLC, parented by a well-established freight company, whose operations are sustained by a 300 power unit fleet, is looking to hire a Recruitment Manager. This role is responsible for the successful recruitment of Owner Operators, Independent Contractors, and Company Drivers by employing best practices in the areas of relationship building, utilizing inbound and outbound sales calling techniques, and advocating the company’s ethical standards by hiring and partnering with the best of the best drivers in the industry. The Recruitment Manager reports to the General Manager/COO and reports to our Gary, Indiana location.
The Recruitment Manager is responsible for understanding the local driver labor market, know where and how to best reach CDL drivers and maintain a relationship with those drivers from the point of introduction through their hiring. The Recruitment Manager will manage the sourcing, selection, offer negotiation, and closing components within a complete life-cycle recruiting process. Utilizing sales, research, and networking skills, the position will require the proactive identification of active and passive talent, through effective and creative utilization of sourcing tools. Recommends, implements & manages strategic recruitment and talent management programs that aim to attract, measure, develop and manage the onboarding new hires.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain contacts with employment agencies and other public organizations to find and attract applicants;
- Coordinate participation in, set up display and work at job fairs;
- Manage internet recruiting tools daily;
- Inbound and outbound call campaigns, including cold calling;
- Perform onboarding;
- Lead generation and development by cultivating and driving the fleet growth of flatbed Company Drivers;
- Must work as a team to meet weekly/monthly/quarterly recruiting and retention goals as well as applicants flow and hire reports;
- Conduct semi-annual reviews of Driver Qualification files to ensure compliance;
- Active involvement with the temporary placement and full time hiring, supervision, termination and discipline of the entire personnel;
- Communicate with driver applicants regarding placement and application status;
- Execute innovative and cost-effective recruiting plans to meet fleet goals and objectives;
- Work to improve the effectiveness of all driver placement sources;
- Report all accidents/injuries to GM/COO, conduct a thorough investigation of each accident and complete the required paperwork for Human Resource department;
- Represent the Company with integrity and professionalism.
- Desire for a long-term career with an industry leading company;
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management and at least five years related experience in recruiting and human resources in transportation industry;
- Ability to market and sell the company's attributes to external candidates;
- Demonstrative success in developing and maintaining professional contacts;
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and decision-making skills;
- Experience developing and utilizing behavioral based interviewing techniques whether by face to face, video or phone;
- Competency in social media moderation and content support with company controlled social sites such as Facebook and LinkedIn;
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and advanced experience with job boards, CRM or ATS (Applicant Tracking System) tools and HR software.
- Ideal candidate will possess a “can do” attitude with a “will do” work ethic;
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Transportation industry more particularly flatbed industry or logistics knowledge and experience is a plus;
- Experience developing recruiting strategies;
- Strong desire to grow personally with networking and ongoing training opportunities;
- Bilingual language skills is a plus.
In our goal to attract talent, we offer competitive compensation plan including employment agreements, equity plans, performance compensation plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements. An excellent benefit package includes full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), a 401(k) plan, life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in the company’s incentive plan. We recognize time away from work is a key component of a balanced work/life success, therefore we offer a comprehensive time off plan including paid vacation and company holidays.
- Submit a cover letter in addition to the resume;
- Provide 3 verifiable references;
- Provide KPI reports with trackable previous accomplishments;
- Be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen, and background check.
Successful candidates will:
HMD LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.